OCTOBER 3


Today was the first day of my teaching practice. Had to wait for long time as we did not get a seating arrangement. At last when we got it, it was two stairs up. Climbing the steps was an arduous task, but somehow we managed. It was a big hall upon one side, there was a big hall upon one side there was a class being held. We were seated the other side. As some of the teachers were absent, we were asked to engage some of the classes.

I was lucky enough to be in my supposed class itself. 12 out of 19 were present and students actively engaged with us. Arya from social science too came with me. We could create a good rapport with students. After the class we went to the hall, had some chitchat and planned on how to take the class further. As it was the first day, an informal interaction was what I thought to have with the students. I had 7th hour and talked about the importance of English and how its necessary to be exposed to that language.

I introduced some new words like 

  • Volunteer
  • Exposure
  • Beneficial
Then we played a sentence story game where I encouraged the students to create sentences of their own. Then I asked everyone to sing songs. Some of the students came forward and sang songs and lightened the mood. There was a divide in class like English medium and Malayalam medium which I did not like.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

G20 RANGOLI COMPETITION

A little flower Iam to this beautiful garden...🌼 Cheers to new beginnings.... ❤️